2023/24 Mentorship Program
The IABC Edmonton Mentorship Program brings communicators at every stage of their careers together to build networks and relationships, and to learn from each other in a one-to-one format. Seasoned professionals can share their knowledge and experience to help shape the next generation, while up-and-coming communicators can gain a new connection in the industry.
Become a Mentee
Learn from some of the best and brightest communicators in the city, expand your network and grow as a communicator. Due to the one-on-one mentoring format, the number of mentees accepted into the program will depend on the number of mentors and compatibility of mentors who apply.
To be a mentee, you need to be:
- A current IABC member
- A student (currently enrolled in post-secondary education), junior (0 – 6 years of experience), or mid-level (7-15 years of experience) communicator
- Able to connect with your mentor once a month
- Supported by your supervisor and workplace to participate
- Eager to learn from and accept feedback from your mentor
Apply to be a mentee today!
Become a Mentor
Give back and share your expertise with an up and coming communicator in our city. In addition to free Mentorship events, mentors will also receive exclusive discounts on IABC Edmonton PD Sessions and Capital Awards tickets as a thank you for their participation.
To be a mentor, you need to be:
- A senior-level (15+ years of experience) or mid-level (7 – 15 years of experience) communicator
- Able to connect with your mentee once a month
- Willing to share stories, feedback, and advice
Apply to be a mentor today!
Send an e-mail to Rory O’Neill, Director, Mentorship