You do not need to register or supply any personal information to browse our website.
What data we collect and how we collect it
We collect the most basic information such as your name, email, country and phone numbers when you comment on our blog, register as a subscriber, or contact us. This is the type of information found on a typical business card. We collect additional information when you join IABC, which has both required and optional information and your member experience will be personalized based on the amount of information you choose to share.
In order to better understand our audience to serve their needs, we use Google Analytics to track the numbers of visitors to our site. We do not collect any personal information or store IP addresses locally on our site. This information is only used to monitor the number of hits on our pages and location at the city level, therefore we cannot track or trace individual users or their physical addresses.
Cookies are used on this site by IABC and third parties to provide analytics and a smoother website login experience.
What we do with your data
This information is used by us to provide you with information, products, and services. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you must be informed that your data is being transferred outside of the EU, to the United States. The information will be used to contact you for the following purposes:
- To deliver or inform you about products/services/information that you have purchased
- To deliver or inform you about products/services/information provided as a part, or benefit of your membership
- To notify you of new member benefits added during the course of your membership
- To inform you of when your membership is scheduled for renewal
- To offer you related IABC services/products
- To notify you of partnerships and partner offers that may add value to your membership
We further use the data to have a better understanding of our audience, improve our marketing, and develop relevant new services/products. If you join IABC as a member, your data will be shared with your local chapter and region, to ensure that they can provide you with the products/services you have purchased by joining the chapter/region in the membership process. Your chapter/region may communicate with you separately from IABC International to inform you of your chapter/region membership benefits, products, services, and opportunities that are available to you. Your chapter/region will independently manage your data as a chapter/region member, and functions as a separate Data Controller from IABC International.
One of your membership benefits is inclusion in the IABC Member Directory, accessible to IABC members, and participation in The Hub, IABCs private online collaboration platform. If you wish to restrict your inclusion in the member directory and/or opt out of participation in The Hub, you may update your member settings in your profile. Inclusion in this platform is one of the benefits included in your purchased membership, but you may opt out at any time.
We do not further share your data, aside from the required data processors which enable IABC to conduct business. We respect your privacy and IABC does not sell your data.
Depending on the legal grounds for processing, you may:
- have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- restrict the level of processing or automated processing
- know how long we keep your data
- ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten.
- ask us to provide details of your personal data we hold.
- You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com. We will, of course, need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about the data or act on your instructions.
How long do we keep your data?
Your information will be retained for the period needed to interact with you, but no longer than 5 years subsequent or as required by law. Your data may be retained in an anonymized form thereafter. You will not be able to be identified when the data is anonymized.
Blog and Collaboration Platform Comments: Your comments and information will be retained for the length of time the platform is published and active with IABC, or until you choose to delete such information, using your own account management access.
How your data is protected
This information will be retained protected behind a firewall and other security arrangements. As with any data stored in a digital medium, there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this not sufficient then please do not provide any personal information or let us know and we will securely dispose of the information.
How to contact us
IABC Edmonton volunteer roles are filled in two ways:
1) Open roles are emailed to the volunteer database for anyone to apply for.
Current IABC members are given preference for all volunteer roles. Learn more about becoming an IABC member.
Submit your application
Apply to volunteer with IABC Edmonton.