Hello Senior Communicators!
You asked. We listened. Member research consistently tells us that you want professional development that reaches beyond the foundational skills and competencies of our profession and focuses on the role you play as leaders, coaches and advisors within your organization.
We are pleased to sponsor a PD session that does just that! Strategic Consulting Skills for the Communications Professionals focuses on helping communicators and communication leaders hone their consulting skills and techniques to position themselves for greater success as a business partner.
Facilitators Anne Marie Downey and Colleen Foster, ABC, have 60+ combined years in the profession and have found that communications competence and strategic thinking alone are not enough to elevate communicators as a business partner. Communicators must also come to the table as strategic consultants, ready and able to see and respond to issues and challenges from the broadest perspective, not just the communications lens.
Anne Marie and Colleen recently facilitated this session for all Directors and Assistant Directors of Communications at the Government of Alberta and for nearly 100 communicators at all levels within Alberta Health Services. The feedback was extremely positive, and some of the comments from participants are outlined below.
If you are looking for some practical techniques and inspiration to you elevate your influence, and that of the communications function, please attend. You can learn more at Strategic Consulting Skills for the Communications Professional.
President, IABC Edmonton
Comments from participants at workshop with Government of Alberta Communications Leaders
- Great pace; kept interest.
- Thought provoking.
- Instructors and knowledgeable and understand our work. Their story telling helped reinforce learnings. Humourous. Lively.
- Excellent course – very helpful and ego boosting as we head into a time of change when leadership and confidence will be so important.
- Good balance of hands on and technical knowledge sharing.
- Colleen and Anne Marie are incredible. What a pleasure to learn from their vast experience and honesty.
- Thank you! Relevant and so helpful.
- Thank you so much – and the talk at the end about fear. No one ever wants to admit they’re afraid of anything. Good to acknowledge others feel that way to.
- Interesting, informative, insightful.
- Very good. Should be required for all.