From Unconscious Bias to Conscious Communicator
December 3, 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Speaker: Kim Clark, Diversity and Inclusion Communications Expert
So often we unintentionally alienate our peers through our words or actions in email or in meetings, any and all communication channels externally and internally. A few key changes to the way we communicate can foster inclusion, increase engagement, and avoid unconsciously reinforce stereotypes and instead represent possibility.
Our instructor, Kim Clark, an experienced diversity and inclusion communications expert, will help tackle unconscious biases, acknowledge areas where bias exists in communications and help us see that we are well positioned to be more intentionally inclusive. She’ll cover:
- The role and responsibility of the communicator in DE&I efforts.
- What unconscious bias is, how it shows up, and the impact it has.
- How to be and how to teach others to be a conscious communicator.
- Introduction to inclusive language.
- How to be inclusive in all communications channels from print, photos, and graphics to video.
*Please note, all registrants will receive a downloadable Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit after the session
Click here to register.