2019 IABC CWR Regional Conference
October 27-29, 2019
The IABC CWR Regional Conference is held biennially for communicators to come together to focus on professional development and strategic planning. In 2019, we will host around 200 Communicators in Banff for learning, development and networking.
Experience: Some experience with communications and stakeholder engagement.
Time Commitment: 12-month commitment (December 2018 – November 2019); 8-15 hours/month (estimated, these hours may vary leading up to the event). Must be available on October 27-29 (most other work can be done remotely).
Benefits of volunteering
- Two for one conference pass: buy one day, get the second day for free.
- Register at early bird member rate at any time
- Gain communications, project management and leadership experience.
- Work with a dedicated and enthusiastic team to coordinate one of IABC’s signature events.
- Build connections with a great volunteer team and IABC members from across Canada Western Region.
Deadline to register is December 18 (or when position is filled). Priority will be given volunteer applicants that are also IABC members, however non-members will be considered based on experience and fit.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all communications related activities and strategy.
- Develops conference theme and work with our Design sponsor to develop the visual identify of the conference for print, signage, digital and social media platforms.
- Has strong communication skills, attention to detail and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Maintains communication with various internal and external stakeholders, including regular communication with CWR Conference Co-chair and other team members.
- Gathers all information from other committee members to provide to the Designer for the printed program & performs final proof read of materials.
- Works with printer to ensure that materials are submitted and deadlines are met. Coordinates delivery or pick-up of all print materials.
- Works with Sponsorship Manager to ensure that sponsors are properly recognized on all platforms.
- Works with Program Manager to create speaker profiles to be used in promotional posts/emails leading up to the event to encourage registration.
- Day-of Event: live tweets during the event to ensure sponsor recognition and encourage attendee participation. Monitors event hashtag for the duration of the conference.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and professionalism, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and take ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers by identifying possible resolutions and alternatives.
- Saves all portfolio materials. Collects all invoices and submits to Conference Chair.
- Assists with other tasks and activities as required