2019 IABC CWR Regional Conference
October 27-29, 2019
The IABC CWR Regional Conference is held biennially for communicators to come together to focus on professional development and strategic planning. In 2019, we will host around 200 Communicators in Banff for learning, development and networking.
Experience: Some experience with communications and stakeholder engagement.
Time Commitment: 12-month commitment (December 2018 – November 2019); 8-15 hours/month (estimated, these hours may vary leading up to the event). Must be available on October 27-29 (most other work can be done remotely).
Benefits of volunteering
- Two for one conference pass: buy one day, get the second day for free.
- Register at early bird member rate at any time
- Gain communications, project management and leadership experience.
- Work with a dedicated and enthusiastic team to coordinate one of IABC’s signature events.
- Build connections with a great volunteer team and IABC members from across Canada Western Region.
Deadline to register is December 18 (or when position is filled). Priority will be given volunteer applicants that are also IABC members, however non-members will be considered based on experience and fit.
- Acts as the main liaison and contact with the conference venue to coordinate catering, audio/visual technology, and room requirements (layout, capacity etc.).
- Maintains communication with various internal and external stakeholders, including regular communication with CWR Conference Co-chairs and other team members.
- Works with Program Manager to coordinate room assignments and AV requirements for presenters.
- Works with Communications Manager to provide information for the website and printed program.
- Liaises with the coordinators of the ‘Dine Around’ dinner to track information and facilitate process on the day-of event.
- Brainstorms creative and fun ‘ice breaker’ and energizer activities for attendees.
- Works with Conference Co-chair to coordinate several special networking events.
- Once conference speakers are finalized, assigns rooms and creates conference schedule.
- Updates venue on final registration numbers, dietary restrictions etc.
- Day-of Event responsibilities - liaises with venue to confirm that room set-up, AV tech, sound-checks, catering, and all other required materials are in order. Troubleshoots and resolves any issues that may come up.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and professionalism, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and take ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers by identifying possible resolutions and alternatives.
- Has strong communication skills, attention to detail and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Ensures final invoices are received and submitted to the Conference Co-chairs.
- Documents and saves all portfolio materials.
- Assists with other tasks and activities as required