Cheers to Careers
Date & Time
- Thursday March 1, 2018
- 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm (MST)
- Get your tickets on Eventbrite
- 9910 - 109 Street NW
Raise a glass with us as we toast to your success at Cheers to Careers!
Are you trying to break into the industry, already working in a communications role, or simply looking for ways to stand out from the competition while searching for your next employment opportunity? This is the event for you. IABC Edmonton’s annual Cheers to Careers event is always a fun evening of work and play—bringing together the best of networking and professional development for you to enjoy!
Ever wonder what communications professionals wish they would have known when they were starting out? This year, Cheers to Careers will feature two speaker sessions where you'll hear insider tips for acing your communications career from some of Edmonton's best and brightest movers and shakers. Be sure to check out both sessions as all of our speakers will be available to answer any burning questions you have about building a career in communications!
First Speaker Session - 5:30–6:15pm
- Kendall Barber, Co-Founder of Poppy Barley
- Amanda LeNeve, Manager of Corporate Communications at EPCOR Utilities and Vice President of IABC Edmonton
Second Speaker Session - 7–7:45pm
- Justin Archer, Co-Founder of Berlin Advertising & Public Relations (BRLN)
- Catherine Bangel, Owner of Bangel PR
Don't know if you're standing out from the competition? We're here to help! Our always popular resume reviews are back for another year. This year's lineup of resume reviewers is comprised of IABC mentors and accomplished communicators, including:
- Jamie Bay, Manager of Cause Marketing & Social Impact at ATB Financial
- Lee Ferris, Communications Manager at the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Eric Morin, Manager of Marketing and Corporate Relations at The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
Bring us your resume to receive valuable feedback and advice on how you can capture the attention of prospective employers and get that interview!
Advance your Education to Grow Your Career
Our friends at MacEwan University's School of Business and PR diploma program will be joining us to answer any questions you may have about their program offerings. Whether you want to be the best in business or perfect your public relations practice, a great education is a fantastic way to begin or advance your career.
Whether you're looking for your next job or your next employee, the IABC Edmonton Jobline is a useful tool for job seekers and employers alike. Our Director of the IABC Edmonton Jobline, Sabrina Licata, will be available to answer any questions you may have about looking for or advertising a career opportunity using this resource.
- Start Time:March 01 2018 - 5:30PM
- End Time:March 01 2018 - 8:30PM